One can’t move without the other, they just have to be together…


So I’m back from an interesting weekend. This is the first weekend that Brian and I have spent almost entirely together in…well, ever. It was quite a different feeling to wake up next to him, leave and then come back to him after a day of work. Even with his roommates there it was…nice. Saturday night was a little touchy, as was yesterday morning, but I’m so glad that we have both made it to the point where we can talk out our frustrations and irritations instead of turning things into a major fight.

Also, I’m sure the entire world is aware that yesterday was Valentine’s Day…

It did not get off to an auspicious start. First, I woke up about 3 hours before I needed to in order to go to work (which was not a planned thing — I was asked to cover on Saturday afternoon); then, when I tried to get Brian’s attention for a little bit of snuggling, he kept going back to sleep! Finally I just decided to read a book and pout a little (yes, I do pout on occasion…). He woke up as I was getting ready to leave, so we did get some time together and I gave him half of his present: an 8-pack of mini Mountain Dew bottles and a few candy bars. If you know Brian you know that this went over well.

After work I went back to his house, and we exchanged our real gifts before dinner. I thought I was being sappy/cute/romantic with my gift, a 2GB flash drive pre-loaded with a playlist of the songs that make me think of him and of course, the requisite card. But he blew me away with his last-minute idea: along with a card that just summarizes our relationship perfectly, he bought a packet of poppy seeds (“when we first met and decided to date, we planted seeds…”) and a gorgeous bouquet of roses (“…with love and care, they’ll grow into a beautiful bouquet”).

Stop gagging, it was adorable. And it reminded me of so many reasons why we’re just good together.

After the cute crap, we went to dinner at Red Lobster (always a favorite) and saw From Paris With Love (review to follow shortly). Since we weren’t ready to call it a night just yet, we made a stop at Steak ‘n’ Shake for milkshakes and coffee. Then, somewhere in the vicinity of 1 am, we got back to the house and crashed. Now, even after only about 5.5 hours of sleep, I feel wonderful.

What I felt for him then pales in comparison to what I feel for him now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: